In this article we are providing Computer Networks Notes Pdf Free Download, Computer Networks Book Pdf Free Download is mainly useful for Undergraduate Students of Computer Science Engineering. Computer Networks (CN) is one of the important Subject for Engineering Students. This Computer Networks Notes will useful to most of the students who were prepared for competitive exams.
Brief Introduction about Computer Networks
A network is a set of devices (often referred to as nodes) connected by communication links. A node can be a computer, printer, or any other device capable of sending and/or receiving data generated by other nodes on the network. Computer Networks Notes and Materials Free Download.
Most networks use distributed processing, in which a task is divided among multiple computers. Instead of one single large machine being responsible for all aspects of a process, separate computers (usually a personal computer or workstation) handle a subset.
A network must be able to meet a certain number of criteria. The most important of these are performance, reliability, and security.
Performance can be measured in many ways, including transit time and response time.Transit time is the amount of time required for a message to travel from one device to another. Response time is the elapsed time between an inquiry and a response. The performance of a network depends on a number of factors, including the number of users, the type of transmission medium, the capabilities of the connected hardware, and the efficiency of the software. Performance is often evaluated by two networking metrics: throughput and delay. We often need more throughput and less delay. However, these two criteria are often contradictory. If we try to send more data to the network, we may increase throughput but we increase the delay because of traffic congestion in the network. Computer Networks Free Download.
In addition to accuracy of delivery, network reliability is measured by the frequency of failure, the time it takes a link to recover from a failure, and the network’s robustness in a catastrophe. Computer Networks Notes free Download
Network security issues include protecting data from unauthorized access, protecting data from damage and development, and implementing policies and procedures for recovery from breaches and data losses.
Computer Networks Notes Pdf Free Download
In this section we are providing Computer Networks Notes Pdf Free Download. This notes is also useful to most of the students who are preparing for Competitive Exams.
Important Computer Networks Reference Books
- Data Communications and Networking by Behrouz A. Forouzan.
- An Engineering Approach to Computer Networks and S.Keshav.
- Computer Networks book by Andrew S Tanenbaum.
- Computer and Communication Networks by Nader F. Mir.
- Data communications and computer Networks by P.C.Gupta.
- Computer Networking:A Top-Down Approach Featuring the Internet by James F.Kurose,K.W.Ross.
- Understanding communications and Net’works,3rd Edition, W.A.Shay,Cengage Learning.
- Data and Computer C0mmunications,GtS.Hura and M.Singhal,CRC Press,Taylor and Francis Group.
Computer Networks Syllabus
Check the latest syllabus of Computer Networks.
- Computer Networks and the Internet.
- Application Layer
- Transport Layer
- The Network Layer
- The Link Layer: Links, Access Networks and LANs
- Wireless and Mobile Networks
- Multimedia Networking Applications
- Security in Computer Networks
- Network Management
This is the full information about the Computer Networks Notes, Books and Syllabus.